I love trying out vegan recipes, especially ones from Niomi Smart’s cookbook ‘Eat Smart’ such as this chocolate milkshake. She has so many great vegan meals and drinks, and this vegan chocolate milkshake is no exception! I have slightly altered it to suit the ingredients I usually have in my house, but it is heavily inspired by Niomi’s recipe. This milkshake is super easy to make and tastes quite similar to regular chocolate milkshakes, so I highly recommend giving it a go 🙂
Ingredients: (makes 4)
- 500ml soy milk (or any other dairy-free milk)
- 2 frozen bananas, sliced
- 2 dates, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Nuttelex (or any other dairy-free butter)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons cacao powder
- 50g mixed nuts
- 25g desiccated coconut
1. Put all of the ingredients into a blender and whizz until smooth.
2. Pour into a glass, add a straw and sprinkle some extra desiccated coconut if you want. Enjoy!