Curries are super delicious and are so nice to warm you up, plus they are quite filling, which leaves you feeling very satisfied every time you eat one. There are so many different combinations curries, even vegetarian ones, and I decided to share with you a recipe for eggplant and lentil curry. Hope you enjoy making it yourself, you won’t be disappointed!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 eggplants, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 800g chopped tomatoes
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 150g red lentils
1. Heat tablespoon of the oil in a frying pan and cook the eggplant until golden brown, then set them aside.
2. Heat the other tablespoon of the oil in a frying pan and cook the onion until soft. Then add the curry powder to the onion and cook for about 2 minute, making sure the curry powder is mixed into the onion.
3. Transfer the onion and eggplants to a large pot and mix in the tomatoes, stock and lentils. Bring to the boil and then simmer with the lad half covering the pot for about 25 minutes or until the lentils are cooked.
4. You can add some spinach, coriander or yoghurt at the end of cooking if you like and you can serve this curry with rice and/or naan bread, or simply just eat it by itself.