I absolutely love pancakes and have been experimenting with vegan recipes recently, thanks to Niomi Smart’s cookbook ‘Eat Smart’ that I got for a Christmas last year. I tried making her coconut and banana pancakes, with a few differences to suit me, and I enjoyed them so much, in fact I personally believe that they taste better than regular non-vegan pancakes!! So, with saying that, I 100% recommend trying these pancakes as they are so delicious and the ingredients aren’t even that hard to find either.
Ingredients: (makes 8, depending on the size of the pancakes)
– olive oil, for frying
– 150g rolled oats
– 2 bananas
– 185ml soy milk (or any other dairy-free milk)
– 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
– 1 tablespoon maple syrup
– 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
– 25g desiccated coconut
1. Put all of the ingredients into a blender and whizz until smooth.
2. Place the mixture into a bowl.
3. Pour some oil into a frying pan on a medium heat and, using a spoon with a large cup-shaped bowl, transfer a portion of the mixture into the centre of the pan. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and place onto a plate to rest.
4. Repeat step 3 until all the mixture is gone and there is a stack of pancakes on a plate. Eat with maple syrup and blueberries or any pancake toppings that you wish!