I’ve decided to make a “series” in art called ‘newspaper art’ as there is a lot of things to make, which I could’ve done it all in one post but then I wouldn’t have been able to show you how to make it or talk about it in detail. I’ve got a few ideas of newspaper art in mind but let me know in the comments if you want me to make anything in particular or you just have some suggestions, which would be very helpful 🙂
This bowl is very simple to make and doesn’t require a lot of items to make it so I suggest trying it out if you like the look of it. It can be used to hold anything that’s not too heavy such as keys or spare change.
You will need:
– newspaper (I used one sheet but it depends on the size of your bowl and how many layers you want to add)
1. Blow up your balloon to however big or small you want your balloon to be (the bottom semi circle of the balloon is the size). Keep in mind that if it is too small or big the balloon won’t be reliable as it won’t be a perfect semi circle.
2. Rip all of the newspaper into random pieces. It would be best to avoid really small or big pieces as they can make it take forever to glue on or not look very good.
3. Apply glue to the pieces of newspaper and stick onto the lower semi circle of the balloon. Keep adding until you’ve covered the whole lower semi circle and done a few layers to make it stronger (I’m really sorry that I don’t have a photo of this as I forgot to take one). You can try to make a straight edge at the top but it doesn’t really matter as you can always cut it with scissors later.
4. Wait for it to dry. It’s hard to tell if it is completely dry or not so give it a few hours just to be sure or even leave it overnight.
5. Pop the balloon using your scissors or another sharp object and carefully remove the popped balloon whilst making sure the bowl is keeping its form.
6. Cut the uneven edges at the top of the bowl if there are any so there is a straight edge and then you’ve finished your bowl!