This dip is a variation of regular hummus but with a different, delicious taste. It’s so simple to make and requires little ingredients that you probably already have around your house.
– 80ml olive oil
– 1 onion
– 1 tablespoon ground cumin
– 500g beetroot
– 400g chickpeas, drained
– 1 tablespoon tahini
– 80g plain yoghurt
– 3 cloves garlic, crushed
– 60ml lemon juice
– 125ml vegetable stock
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and cook the onion for 2-3 minutes, or until soft.
2. Add the cumin and cook for a further 1 minute, or until fragrant.
3. Place the onion mixture, beetroot, chickpeas, tahini, yoghurt, garlic, lemon juice and stock in a food processor.
4. Process until smooth and then, with the motor running, add the remaining oil in a thin, steady stream. Process until the mixture is thoroughly combined.
I would’ve made it look more aesthetically pleasing but I had to take it to a family friends house so it had to go in a container. You can eat it on bread or crackers though or simply by itself and it tastes amazing.